Monday, April 16, 2007

Meet the Four-Eyed Banana Pizzas!


I sooooo want to get a band together. If anyone would like to play music with me, I've got a whole bunch of new songs and a pretty great name, the Four-Eyed Banana Pizzas, which pretty much guarantees us at least one gig at Fools Foundation, and maybe a private party or two, too.

I play guitar and sing. I also wear glasses and love pizza, from Zelda's to Steve's, along with bananas, but not necessarily on pizza. You play bass, drums or lead guitar (no pointy-headstock wankers, pls) and can sing harmonies, and you don't have to wear glasses (squint squad membership a plus, tho), but you probably should kinda like bananas. Or pizza. Or some other food.

This, of course, is not about being geeky guys who have no other recourse for connecting with feminine companionship other than picking up guitars and making a swell racket, although, truth be told, that's probably part of the equation. But really, it's all about doing it for the sheer joy of being in the moment and having a wonderful and ebullient time making music. It's kinda like that Buddhist thing about right livelihood, or maybe, um, well, yeah. It is.

Wouldn't you like to be part of something like that?

Anyway, gosh darn it, I'm so fricking stoked about this idea, I'm just beside myself. I may have to go pour myself a glass of milk and look around for some cookies or something. And you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time you come to nyc, i'll take you on a pizza tour. four-eyed pizzas? I'd pay money to see you play. In fact, i'd love to hear some new tunes.it's been AGES since i heard anything of yours.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Jackson Griffith said...

Four-Eyed Pizzas = Dumb inside Sacramento midtown grid joke on my part, Reg. As far as music goes, my separation and sudden middle-age singlehood has turned me into a songwriting maniac. I've been writing like crazy, and relearning old songs. And I'm kinda developing this alter ego named Orvis Tinney to play country covers. I just worked up an arrangement of Harlan Howard's classic "Pick Me Up On Your Way Down," and I've learned "There Stands the Glass" (Webb Pierce) and "She Thinks I Still Care" (George Jones), and I've got a bunch more to learn: "Honky Tonk Amnesia" (Moe Bandy), "She's Actin' Single, I'm Drinkin' Doubles" (Gary Stewart), "Big City" and "Silver Wings" (Merle Haggard), "Heartaches by the Number" (Harlan Howard, for Buck Owens), "I Never Go Around Mirrors" (Lefty Frizzell), "Little Ways" (Dwight Yoakam), "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and "Cold, Cold Heart" (Hank), etc., etc. Anyway, as soon as I can get some of my new stuff recorded, you'll be the first to hear it.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home