Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sorry about the Elvis tip, but ...



... who can resist this weird scene, "Edge of Reality," from the 1968 film "Live a Little, Love a Little"? I think I saw this one when it came out, when I was 13 or 14, and I would do really stupid things while on various mind-expanding chemicals ... like go to late-period Elvis movies. (Once, when I was 16 or 17 and I was at home one weekend while mom and dad were off gambling in Tahoe, I tried to self-induce mental retardation by watching an entire weekend-long Elvis movie marathon on Channel 40 under the influence of truckdriver whites and Mickey's Big Mouth malt liquor, but I dunno how well that worked, or if it's relevant to bring up here.)

Anyway, for those of you more used to seeing fat, bloated Elvis, there's always this:



But I prefer Elvis as The King, the cool dude who could vanquish any enemy, get any girl and move any cloud by pointing his finger and intoning, "Move, fucker."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeee--Riist! Some mindbenders and a guitar plus sequins! He has it ALL!!
That's like keeping JesseGaron in a jar all those years...
sick!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home