Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I have no idea what this is. Please help.



I'm pretty sure this is from Uzbekistan, probably from somewhere around Samarkand. It starts with some passionate drumming with three guys, one of which is either Jim Carrey, Will Farrell and Chris Cattan, or Russians who look like them (I don't as a rule watch anything with Carrey in it, so I wouldn't know) doing an update of Dan Aykroyd and Steve Martin's old "wild and crazy guy" shtick in some bar, then it shifts to a variety show with a bunch of televisions onstage, then there's a fat woman dancing and some people who look like extras in a high-school production where they combined The King and I and Scheherezade to save a few rubles, plus shots of a little kid breakdancing. Then the action shifts to a woman singer who's probably big news in Tashkent or Almaty, who is singing a song that is spelled "Aziz" but sounds like "A Jeb Uh Jeb," and she's backed by one of the weirder sounding orchestras I've heard in a while and I've taken mushrooms and listened to some pretty offbeat stuff in my time; symphonies of kiddie bicycle horns, kazoos and various Rube Goldberg instruments involving kitchen spoons and rubber bands always make me feel slightly scribbled, dunno about you. This segment reminds me of an old Robert Crumb Weirdo comic about a guy named Etaoin Shrdlu who gets pulled into his TV set to dance with some voluptuous and exotic babe he found and got aroused by on a UHF channel late one night.

As a comment at YouTube where I found this put it: "Xaxa! Tak klassno v nachale tri komika tancuyut pod horezomskuyu (esli ne oshibayus) pesnyu tancuyut! I sama pesnya i ritm zastavlyaet golovoy shevelit kak v nachale troe tancuyut! Xaxa! Ne poverish,no ya toje vmeste s nimi plyasala!:))) Jalko tol'ko pesnya korotkaya prishlos povtoryat neskolko raz i tancevat poka ne nadoelo!:)))" Ahem. I really can't add to that, so I won't even try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home