Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Now that's what I call czechno!



What is a "dragslut pepper"? This low-budget vid for "Buble Gum Boy" by Lollobrigide has all the correct czechno ingredients. Cheesy Soft Cell keyboards? Czech! Wanky animation? Czech! Hilariously incoherent lyrics? Czech! You may ask me why I think these goofy records could be big in the West. I can't tell you. All I can say is that when Depeche Mode does it, it's the work of ham-fisted beatweenies, but when someone with a Boris Badenov accent does it, it's High Art. Czechno, by the way, in case you're too lazy to scroll down to read, is synth pop and techno dance music of eastern European origin. (And credit Countess Christsmasher of the Canadian duo Procon for that brilliant piece of nomenklatura, not me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home