Thursday, September 21, 2006

Florish my Astana



More Borat fallout. Here is a travelogue that will take eight and a half minutes from your life. It looks like something you might see on closed circuit at the Astana or Almaty Best Western. It looks nothing like the Kazakhstan in Borat (which was filmed in Romania), but like a Sovietized Muslim version of Dallas-Fort Worth. Kazakhstan, The world's nnth largest country. Promising future. Welcome to Kazakhstan.

(Oh, and I've been looking for interesting music vids, but everything I've found looks like Kazakh versions of NSync, the Backstreet Boys or 98 Degrees. It would appear the poor young Kazakhs are getting the worst of the Western swill overspill. If I find anything worth posting, I will.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home